Fall Technical Training
HVSA Travel is excited to continue the Fall Technical Training program that is supplemental to the travel team training sessions and open to HVSA Travel Players U11 and above (2009 +).
The Fall program will start Friday, September 13th and then meet for the next 8 Fridays, ending on Friday, November 1st.
The total cost is $85 per player for 9 training sessions.
Twin Pines Turf Field
6:30pm - 7:30pm
250 Pennington-Lawrenceville Road, Pennington, NJ
Professional soccer trainers will lead a progression based technical training program that follows the U.S. Soccer Grassroots Player Development Framework:
1. Read and understand the game and make decisions
2. Take initiative, be pro-active
3. Demonstrate focus
4. Execute with optimal technical abilities
5. Execute with optimal physical abilities
6. Take responsibility and accountability for their own development and performance
The Fall program will primarily focus on:
- Individual ball skills including dribbling, body form, foot mechanics, receiving, shielding and creating space
- 1v1s and 2v1s, moving forward to create opportunities and overloads
- Using different foot surfaces for passing and shooting
- Winning the ball and maintaining possession
- Game philosophy and decision making